Subject: How to get a Glass/Ice Surface
From: "Wing On, Wong" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:39:39 +0800 (HKT)

Hi All, 

Is there a way to create a glass surface which has a 'white' edge? 
I have tried the setting for glass surface in LWPro yesterday... 

According to the article, it says that we should make the surface colour
as dark as possible in order to simulate the real world glass.  I set my
glass surface to black colour (0,0,0) and after rendered, the edges of the
glass are all black, even I have a white spotlight.  What I want to know
is that can I simulate a scene with several ice cubes inside a glass cup? 
I have create one ice cube in modeller: 1. Box (Cube) 2. Triple 3. 
Metaform and finally jitter.  Should I just make it 'Glass' in order to
get a real ice cube feeling?  I have also applied some 'UnderWater'
mapping on the transparency panel.  

Finally, I would like to know what's the actual difference between 'trace 
reflection' and 'trace refraction'. I don't quite understand about the 
mnual mentioned and the meanings of these terms in Chinese is quite 
confusing..  

Thank you for your kind attention.  

Wing On,

 

 

 

--
"Wing On, Wong" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]